Expert in setting up and managing Research and Development infrastructures.
As a member of the "Ecosystem Research, Development and Deployment Pole" and directly reporting to the pole director, you will have expertise in setting up and managing research & development infrastructures. You will play a key role within the pole, being responsible for creating a work environment conducive to scientific excellence, thereby promoting the success of ecosystem restoration projects led by MORFO in Brazil. The primary mission will involve establishing, organizing, and directing the laboratories within the pole in Brazil. You will work closely with research teams to support restoration projects.
1. Setting up the laboratories (Molecular biology laboratories, soil analysis laboratories, greenhouses, growth chambers, etc.) of the pole:
- Develop a detailed plan for establishing laboratories based on the needs of the pole and research projects.
- Identify the equipment, instruments, and supplies required for the laboratories.
- Coordinate the acquisition, installation, and commissioning of laboratory equipment.
- Establish protocols and operating procedures for the laboratories.
2. Platform Organization:
- Collaborate with R&D management to assess the different specialties and skills required within the laboratories to optimize complementarity and synergy among teams.
- Structure the laboratories into thematic platforms to facilitate research collaboration and knowledge exchange.
- Promote an integrated and multidisciplinary approach in research activities.
3. Laboratory Management:
- Supervise laboratory personnel, including technicians and engineers.
- Ensure the operational management of laboratories, including work planning, resource organization, and schedule monitoring.
- Budget management of the platforms.
- Ensure compliance with safety standards, laboratory best practices, and relevant regulations, including ISO certifications and other associated norms.
- Facilitate ongoing training and professional development for laboratory staff.